About your Search

20130201
20130209
Search Results 0 to 2 of about 3
headlines. >> thank you. what might be considered a surprising partnership, yahoo! and google have signed a nonexclusive marketing agreement. retailers in the northeast stocking up on storm goods ahead of an anticipated weekend storm. home depot, target, lowe's among the companies telling cnbc they're taking steps to deal with anticipated increased demand for certain goods that people anticipate they'll be stranded at home because of weather, and it's supposed to be bad in the northeast. >>> standard & poor's has hired a top white collar defense attorney to help fit a $5 billion government lawsuit over ratings. san francisco based john keeker has represented lance armstrong to enron's andrew fastow. >> back to the big developments from the aviation sector this morning. boeing's plan to fix the 787 battery problems and a merger to create the world's largest airline. phil lebeau has details on both stories. which one would you like to start with. >> let's start with the american/usair because i think a lot of people are going to look at this and say, what? we've been hearing about this for
desperate for it rye it now. >> we're googling for it rye now. joe is going to invest in it, make a ton of money and leave us behind. a powerful winter storm is on its way from the east coast. jen carfagno -- did i say that right? >> carfagno. >> joins us from the weather channel. >> by the way, i'm going throw in a few bucks, too, for that new product. we need that when we have a storm like this. the scale only goes up to ten. we don't see something like this every day even every year. we're talking about an historic storm. boston, 10 out of 10. blizzard continues expected. portland, same issue, as well. we have blizzard warnings for 23 million people overall, 54 million people under some type of winter storm warning or adviso advisory. and it's two storms coming together. the radar, too, shows you where things are. we have that snow coming around now through michigan and moving into parts of new york state. this storm, this is the one that's bringing all the punch and the moisture and we've got rain now starting to move into places like philadelphia, some rain being reported. new york
on google last night. steve? i brought you a chart. >> oh, thank you. >> just to show you they're very close together. >> you don't have to tell me that, man. i'm all over that. i keep telling them. what is it like 70% or 80% of the stock market's movement is linked to gdp and the economy? the other 20% is specific individual stocks, right? >> well i'm a stock guy. so i happen to think it's more than that. but the stock market itself -- that's exactly right. the stock market is very close to how the economy grows, and the economy's growing nicely. the other thing i would keep reading about, i listened to nur yule this morning talking about 1.5% growth or 2% growth. i hear everybody say that. that's not the growth. the growth is 6% or 7%. so last year for example the growth in our economy was 6.8%. 15.8 trillion the year before was 14.8 trillion. so what people keep forgetting, they give you real growth, but the nominal growth is the number that is affecting everyone and the stock market, the reason stocks are interesting is they're giving you a hedge against inflation. so inflation is 4% or
Search Results 0 to 2 of about 3